Apple’s iPad mini event is live right now. As usual, the company has shared the numbers related to its products with the world right at the beginning of the event. Here are some of the facts and figures Apple shared today about iOS and iOS devices. [img credit: TheVerge]
- Apple sold 5 million iPhone 5 units in the first weekend of launch.
- 3 million iPods were sold.
- Over 200 million users upgraded to iOS 6 that was released last month.
- There are 160 million Game Center users.
- Users have sent 300 billion messages through iMessages. At the rate of 28000 per second.
- There are over 275,000 apps for iPad in the App Store.
- Paid out $6.5 billion to developers
- 124 million docs in the cloud
- 35 billion app downloads through the App Store