Popular file browser app for iOS that allows users to access directory hierarchy of their iOS device, iFile has received a major update that brings lots of new features and support for newer devices. iFile version 1.8.0-1 brings support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. It also adds support for box.net which can now be added as remote file system, upgraded support for Dropbox’s SDK, and more. The new enhancements and bug fixes added to the app apply on all armv7 devices that are running iOS 4 or later.
You can update iFile app by going into Cydia app or purchase it for $4.00. Full change log for this update can be found here
1.8.0-1 – Feature and Bugfix Release (iOS 4.x and later)
- Updated iFile for iPhone 5 (startup image) and iOS 6 support in general.
- Support added for accessing box.net as remote file system.
- Support for remote browsing of Toshiba FlashAir SDCards added as remote file system (browsing and copying supported).
- Upgraded Dropbox SDK Version to 1.3.2 – mandatory to allow authentication beyond 30-Nov-2012.
- Removed trash icon for closing tabs and added close button instead (similiar to Safari).
- Added xm file extension to be opened in iFile’s Text Editor by default.
- Switched compiler from GCC to CLANG.
- The fixes and enhancements of this release will only apply to armv7 based iOS devices, i.e. following iOS devices:
- All iPads running iOS 4 or later.
- All iPhones starting with iPhone 3GS or later.
- All iPod touch starting with iPod touch (3rd gen.) or later.
- Added background images to file browser to ease identification of box, Dropbox and FTP tabs.
- Added labels for file system type and path to tab chooser.
- Fixed crash in Registration Status dialog after entering it for 2nd time.
- Corrected reflection of browser images in tab chooser.
- Crash fixed in Zip Viewer.
- Fixed deadlock during startup of iFile when a password needed to be entered for an FTP server, but it was blocked by the startup GUI.
- Fixed registration failures on iOS 6
- Fixed that browser did not refresh after file renaming on an iPad.
- Fixed various issues with bookmarking of files on iPad.