Thanks to the awesome iCloud integration in iOS can back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch’s data in the cloud and restore it whenever you want, wherever you want. Primarily the backed up data includes purchased TV shows, books, apps and music files. The iCloud back up also includes videos and photos stored in the photo gallery. Other things iCloud backs up are calendar, phone book, mail, wallpaper, ringtones, favorites, messages like SMS, MMS, iMessages, etc. A really nice feature of iCloud back up is that it can automatically back up your data when your device is plugged in to your computer, locked and connected to the Wi-Fi network. Read on to find out how you can back up your data to iCloud and Restore it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Here is a short guide of how to get back up through iCloud;
- Open Settings.app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- In ‘Settings’ go to ‘iCloud’
- On the ‘iCloud menu, select ‘Backup and Storage’ option.
- From this page you can turn the iCloud Backup ‘On’.
Now to back up your data your device should be:
- Connected with internet through Wi-Fi
- Linked with power
- The screen can be locked
After you have successfully created the back up of your iOS data on iCloud you can restore it whenever you want, follow the steps below to do so.
1. To restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, on the first boot up the Setup Assistant on your iOS device will appear
2. Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”
3. Fill in the iCloud account and password (can also be the Apple ID you used while creating the back up).
You will now see three most recent backups, select the desired backup to restore it.
If you want to restore the files from iCloud backup and delete the data currently stored on the device. It can be erased by going to Settings > General, and then selecting the ‘Reset’ option. Choose the option; ‘Erase all content and settings’.
As you enter the new setup or restored from backup setup, click ‘Restore from iCloud Backup. Enter the AppleID and password whenever needed or follow the 3 steps given above.
When you restart your device, Backup will start downloading your TV shows, music, books, apps, etc. If you want best performance out of your battery, the leave the device on the power until the restore is completed.