Apple’s iOS devices come with 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended if you buy AppleCare Protection Plan for your iOS device. So if you own an iOS device and want to check whether your device is eligible for repairs and service coverage or you want to buy a used iOS device and want to know how old is it or if it comes under warranty then here is a simple guide to walk you through the whole process of warranty check. Read on to know all the possible ways you can check the warranty of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Things you need in order to check the warranty of an iOS device:
- Serial Number of iOS device.
- A Mac/PC or any device connected to the Internet.
First here’s how to find the Serial Number for different iOS devices:
- Open the Settings.app from the Home Screen of your iOS device, now tap General>About. Scroll down and you’ll find the Serial Number of your device as shown in screenshot above. Once you have found follow the steps below to check your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad’s warranty.
- Connect your iOS device to iTunes. Select your device from the top right corner. Now you will be able to see the Serial Number of your device. Right click on the number and copy the Serial Number.
- Original iPhone, iPhone 5, iPad, iPod touch users: You can find the serial number engraved on the back toward the bottom.
- iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4(GSM), 4S users: You can find the serial number on the SIM Tray of your device.
Checking the warranty status from Apple’s Official Support Page:
- Open any browser (Safari/Chrome/Firefox/IE) from any device connected to Internet.
- Goto Apple Support page.
- Enter the Serial Number you found by the above method, and click the continue button.
- That’s all. Now you can easily see the warranty or service status of your iOS device.