iOS 5 brings a shiny new notification center to your iOS device that gathers notification for you at one place, but wouldn’t it be nice if you could add some third party widgets in the notification center? Well if you are jailbroken then you can. There are many awesome notification center widgets currently available in Cydia that you can download and run on your iOS device. But after you download those widgets on your device, you won’t see them on your notifications center right away. You will have to enable them in order to see them where they belong: You notification center. Follow the steps after the break to enable third party plugins for notification center.
1 ) On your jailbroken iOS device download a widget by going into Cydia Store.
2 ) Now go to Settings.app > Notifications, and scroll down.
3 ) Now from “Not in Notification Center” select your widget and simply enable it.
4 ) Done! Now you will see your widget in the notification center of your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. You can also rearrange the order of your widgets if you want to.
[Hat tip: iDownloadblog]
- Cydia tweak brings iOS 6′s tweet widget to iOS 5 Notification Center [jailbreak only]
- Kamera tweak for Notification Center adds a quick shot widget for Camera app
- DoNotDisturb tweak brings OS X’s upcoming feature to iOS
- How to Semi tethered jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 running on iPod touch 3rd or 4th Generation using Absinthe 2.0