Game maker Rockstar has today announced that it will be releasing its latest popular Grand Theft Auto III game for iOS devices. The original game will be ported to iOS and will become available later this fall. Rockstar is releasing GTA III for mobile devices to celebrate the game’s ten year anniversary. Rockstar has little presence in the App Store with only GTA China Town available in this huge marketplace. It is nice to see such a big developer showing interest in iOS platform.
10 years ago, this month, the revolutionary open-world epic Grand Theft Auto III was released to the world – a game that set players loose as a small-time criminal at the bottom of the food chain in Liberty City, a sprawling metropolis where anything can happen – and probably will. To commemorate the game’s 10th anniversary, we’re proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto III will be coming to select new generation iOS and Android devices later this fall.
Initially the game will be released for dual core iOS devices, that include iPhone 4S and iPad 2. A4 chip devices such as iPhone 4, original iPad, and iPod touch 4 will be added later according to official blog post on the Rockstar’s blog. We will let you know as soon as this game hits the App Store.
- Other Grand Theft Auto ports for iOS devices are ‘very possible’
- Grand Theft Auto 3 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch hits the App Store
- GTA III for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad coming on 15 December [Screenshots]
- Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto Vice City for iOS now available in the App Store. Download Now!
- Grand Theft Auto III running on iPad (Video)