For those of you who have been facing problems while upgrading first generation iPad to iOS 5- and are getting bricked iPads after upgrading, CultofMac has posted a fix to this problem that is tipped to them by iOS hacker MuscleNerd. The fix for this problem is pretty simple and you will need RedSn0w version 0.9.9b7 in order to perform this. Follow the instructions after the break to successfully recover your iPad and run iOS 5 on it.
Make sure you have already installed iOS 5 on your device. Then
- Download a copy of Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 for Windows or Mac from the Dev-Team blog.
- Copy Redsn0w to your /Applications folder on your start up drive
- Run Redsn0w
- Start iTunes
- Put the iPad into DFU Mode (see here for instructions)
- Click on the Extras button in Redsn0w
- Click on the Recovery Fix button in Redsn0w
Now your iPad will reboot and then you can restore your backup to the iPad using iTunes.
- RedSn0w 0.9.9b3 now available to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 GM
- How to jailbreak original iPad running iOS 5.1 using RedSn0w on Windows and Mac [Guide]
- How to jailbreak iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad using RedSn0w
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1
- How to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch 4th generation using RedSn0w