Many iPhone 3GS owners were concerned about whether their device can run Apple’s new Siri feature or not. Although Apple has not given this awesome new feature to any iOS device other than the newly release iPhone 4S, developers have successfully ported Siri on iPhone 3GS. As seen in the video, Siri UI runs quite neatly on iPhone 3GS and also connects to Apple servers.
This hack is legit because it comes from the same developers who successfully ported Siri to iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. No details about the release of this hack have been revealed yet.
Developer @stroughtonsmith tweets
RT @rpetrich Siri on 3G S courtesy of @chpwn and @stroughtonsmith: rpetri.ch/siri3gs (working on Activator integration) <- this is legit
You can watch Siri in action on an iPhone 3GS here or
- Siri gets ported to iPhone 4 (video) – updated
- iPhone 4S’s new Siri feature gets demonstrated in official video
- Hacker creates his own proxy server to control home thermostat with Siri
- Hacker controls a third party app with Siri using SiriProxy
- Apple might release Siri for all iOS devices – iOS 5.1 beta 3 hints
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet