foursquare has introduced a new web app for its popular service and it is now live on foursquare.com. The new web app is built on HTML5 standards and can perform almost every function your native iOS app can do on your iPad. The web app looks awesome on iPad and works smoothly. When you sign in to your account on foursquare’s site on your iPad, you will see a large map that shows everything nearby your current location such as your friends, places, trending spots, and more.
You can zoom or move around the area on the map by simply dragging your fingers on it. This new web app allows users to perform almost every task that they can perform on their app. So if you are not into apps and want to do everything foursquare related in Safari, now you can.
You can start using foursquare web app on your iPad by pointing Safari to foursquare.com.
- foursquare for iOS receives a major update, adds new ‘foursquare Radar’ feature
- Grooveshark launches HTML5 webapp for mobile devices
- Old Google Maps app ported to jailbroken iOS 6
- iCloud beta site with new Notes, Calendar, Reminders, and Find my iPhone web apps goes live
- OnLive App brings high-end cloud gaming to an iOS device near you