Even after one and a half years later from its initial release, Apple’s Facetime video chat service still does not work on the 3G network. But it has turned out that iOS 5 has a hidden option that can enable Facetime over 3G. If you want to use Facetime over 3G right now, you can enable it by executing a simple hack. Read on
First of all you need an iPhone 4 (other 3G devices are not supported at the moment because of jailbreak) that is running jailbroken iOS 5.
1. By using explorer app such as iFile on your iPhone, navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
2. Now look for the N90AP.plist file and open it.
4. Save the changes and close iFile
5. That’s it! You should now be able to make Facetime calls over 3G in iOS 5.
- How to Semi tethered jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- How to watch HD Youtube videos over 3G in iOS 5
- How to unlock your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1 using UltraSn0w fixer
- Today’s Hot Deals: 17th November 2011
- How to jailbreak iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad using RedSn0w