A developer named John Heaton (@Gojohnnyboi) has found a piece of code in iOS that hints towards iChat’s coming to iOS devices. John Heaton thinks Apple is “pretty-close-to-done” in integrating their iChat app to mobile devices. Ofcourse this is not the first time we are hearing about iChat coming to iOS devices, but no one has ever found similar strings as evidence in iOS code before.
John Heaton also hints that Apple could also be planning to integrate all iChat services into their newly released iOS 5 app ‘iMessage’ that only works iOS-to-iOS at the moment. John tweeted
Seriously, they probably have a pretty-close-to-done iChat app for iOS. (link)
Either that, or they are/were planning on integrating all kinds of cool stuff into the Messages app. (link)
Either way it would be really nice to have iChat on iOS devices, or get more services integrated into iMessage app. We will have to wait to see what Apple has in store for us.
- An update on iPhone 4S jailbreak from iPhone Dev-Team
- Pod2g uncovers major security flaw in iOS that could cause SMS spoofing
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1
- WSJ: iPad 3 will be a 4G device on Verizon and AT&T
- Reuters: iPhone 5 to feature smaller dock and relocated headphone jack