Apple’s newly released iPhone 4S has become the second most popular cameraphone on Flickr in just over a month. iPhone 4 leads the chart by significant margin but it is quite extraordinary that iPhone 4S has taken the second spot in such a short time. As you can see in the chart above, four out of total five cameraphones are iPhones including iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S. The only non-iPhone cameraphone in this chart is HTC’s Android powered EVO 4G.
In most popular cameras category overall, iPhone 4 is still the king of the lot beating point and shoot cameras by Nikon and Canon.
Apple has upgraded the cameras on iPhones over the years and has used certain technologies to make photos taken from iPhones even better than some professional point and shoot cameras. To see how iPhone’s camera has evolved during the past years check this out.
- Apple becomes world’s third largest mobile phone manufacturer thanks to astonishing iPhone 4S sales
- Apple posts great holiday quarter earnings with 67.84M iOS devices and 5.2M Macs sold
- Study: 3 MP Camera phones outsold digital cameras with a ratio of 6:1 in 2012
- Reuters: iPhone 5 to feature smaller dock and relocated headphone jack
- The new iPhone’s 19-pin mini connector confirmed