Official Twitter app for iOS has just received a major update that brings a new look and new features for iPhone and iPod touch. The UI of the app has been significantly redesigned and now looks a lot more like the official Twitter website. App now features a bar at the bottom of the screen that includes Home, Connect, Discover, and Me buttons. These buttons allow users to jump to the part of Twitter they want to view easily. Twitter 4.0 does not bring any change to iPad version and this new UI is also exclusive to iPhone and iPod touch at the moment.
Here’s the explanation about the new UI from Twitter app’s iTunes page.
Home is where you start from: a personal collection of Tweets from the sources you care about. The Tweet details show rich information such as replies, retweets and embedded images.
Connect is the place to see who followed or mentioned you, retweeted or favorited one of your Tweets. It’s where you keep the conversation flowing.
Discover is where you can tap into the stories and trends people are talking about in your world. You can also find friends, browse interests, and explore hashtags here.
Me puts you and your interests front and center. From here you can exchange Direct Messages with your followers
You can download Twitter 4.0 for your iOS Device for free here
- BBC iPlayer (Global) app for iPhone and iPod touch hits the App Store
- Tweetbot 2.4 hits the App Store. Brings new features, improvements, and bug fixes
- Twitter 4.3 update now available for download. Brings major changes to iPhone app
- Twitter for iPhone updated to bring new features and improvements
- Hackers make progress in iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, still far from releasing it for public