Apple has today announced in an official Press Release that its iOS App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad has crossed 500,000 mark and now has half a million apps for download in it. It is a great milestone for the App Store and the iOS platform that no other mobile platform in the world could match right now. Apple has also announced that 18 Billion app have been downloaded from the App Store over a coarse of three years. In this Press Release Apple also announced that over 1 billion app are being downloaded from the App Store each month.
Apple revolutionized the app industry with the App Store, which now has more than 500,000 apps and where customers have downloaded more than 18 billion apps and continue to download more than 1 billion apps per month.
“In just three years the App Store changed how people get mobile apps, and now the Mac App Store is changing the traditional PC software industry,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
On a related note, Apple also announced in the same Press Release that over 100 Million apps have been downloaded from the Mac App Store in less than a year – that is also huge for a PC app market.
- App Store achieves 25 billion app downloads milestone
- Apple: App Store has served a total of 40 billion downloads until today
- Countdown begins: App Store is about to hit 25 billion downloads
- Apple: App Store has 400 million accounts and 650,000 apps which have been downloaded 30 billion times
- There are 250 Million active iOS devices in the world and 500K apps in the App Store