According to recent posts by famed iOS hacker @pod2g on his blog the code for iOS 5.0.1′s untethered jailbreak is done and he is now testing the jailbreak on different iOS devices. On his blog @pod2g has confirmed that he has been able to untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, original iPad, iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation. He has also been able to untethered jailbreak Apple TV 2 firmware 4.4.3.
No details about the release of this untethered jailbreak have been revealed yet, but after looking at the progress so far, it seems that we will be able to get our hands on this untethered jailbreak very soon. Sadly no update about iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbreak has been given at the moment.
- pod2g demos untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S (video)
- Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 gets demonstrated in a video
- iOS 5.1 gets untethered jailbreak treatment on iPhone 4. Release imminent?
- Hackers make progress in iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, still far from releasing it for public
- Top iOS hackers form @evad3rs team as iOS 6.1 approaches