Google’s new Gmail app has received its first major update in the App Store. The version 1.1 of Gmail app for iOS brings several new features, bug fixes and UI improvements to the application. Gmail app now allows users to set their own custom signature for mobile messages and also lets them to set vacation responder right from their iOS device. Both of these features can be accessed from the gear icon at the top of them menu view.
This update also brings improvements for nested labels and a new notification tone for iOS 5 users. That’s not all, To make the email experience more personal Google has also added a new feature that allows users to open up a canvas and scribble a message or draw a sketch on it. Users can send that message or sketch to their friends as an attachment to email.
Scribbles support different colors, brush sizes, lines, erasers and spray paint. This example was created in the Gmail app on an iPad:
You can update your app from the App Store or download it for your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad for free here
- Google updates it’s official Gmail app with new enhancements and bug fixes
- Gmail app for iOS hits the App Store. Again
- Gmail app for iOS receives update. Adds supports for notifications center and more
- Sent: A better Gmail client than Google’s own Gmail app
- Appdates: Facebook Messenger and Gmail for iPhone 5, Digg for iPad Now Available
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet