Finally Grooveshark has found a way to reach all iOS users. It has launched a new HTML5 webapp for mobile devices. Grooveshark beta webapp is live at html5.grooveshark.com. Grooveshark is a popular music search engine and streaming service with millions of songs available to listen.
Grooveshark native app for iOS was pulled from App Store back in 2010 due to certain conerns from Universal Music. Later on Grooveshark made it available to iOS users via Cydia store. And now finally it is on the mobile web and can be accessed by anyone using HTML5 capable mobile browser. The beta webapp allows you to search and stream music and play different stations only. Currently you cannot log in to your Grooveshark account to access your own library. But all these features are expected in the final version.
The webapp is smooth and also works in the background allowing you to listen to music while doing other things.
- Apple seeds iOS 6 beta 4 to developers. Download Now!
- Apple seeds iOS 6.1 beta 5 to developers, delays public release
- Apple releases iOS 6 beta 3 to developers. Now available for download
- iOS 6 beta now available for developers
- iOS 5.1 beta 2 now available for registered developers