As we reported the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 has been released. Chronic Dev-Team has released the Absinthe utility to jailbreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1. You can untethered jailbreak your device by following the simple instructions posted below.
Things you need:
- iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0/5.0.1 OR iPad 2 (Wi-Fi/CDMA/3G) running iOS 5.0.1
- Absinthe jailbreak tool
Note: If you’re planning to unlock your iPhone 4S then don’t update to iOS 5.0.1.
1). Download the Absinthe jailbreak tool from here. (Currently available for OS X only)
2). Unzip the file and run the Absinthe app.
3). Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to Mac.
4). Absinthe will now detect your device. Once detected click the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
5). Now wait for the tool to inject the necessary files to your device. Your device will reboot and will pass through different phases. So be patient.
6). Once finished Absinthe will inform you “Almost done”. Now an Absinthe icon will appear on the Springboard of your iOS device.
7). Locate the Absinthe icon on your iOS device and tap it.
8). Now your device will reboot and you will be able to access the Cydia. Done!
Note: If you are facing the Error establishing a database connection then go to Settings.app and turn on the VPN. You will see a configuration error, don’t worry just ignore it. Wait a few moments, your device will reboot and Cydia will be there waiting for you .
Tip: If you’re facing problems, reboot your device or redo the jailbreak.
- Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 released – Download Now!
- Everything you need to know about untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2
- Absinthe jailbreak tool for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 now available for Windows
- How to untethered jailbreak original iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe
- Absinthe 2.0 tool to untethered jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on every iOS device now available for download