Apple announced spectacular first quarter results for fiscal year 2012 and in this report it announced that it sold 37 million iPhones in the previous quarter. If we put this number in perspective then we can safely say that Apple is now the World’s largest smartphone manufacturer. Previously this position was held by Samsung, that in this quarter sold 35 million smartphones – making it the 2nd largest smartphone manufacturer of the world.
This has been made possible as noted by CEO Tim Cook due to “good decision to go with a broad range of iPhones,” referring towards iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S. You can read about Apple’s first quarter results for fiscal year 2012 here.
- Apple announces great Q2 2012 results. Sold 35.1 million iPhones, Earned $39.2 billion in revenue
- AT&T activated 3.7 million iPhones last quarter. 73% of total smartphones sold were iPhones
- Apple posts great holiday quarter earnings with 67.84M iOS devices and 5.2M Macs sold
- Apple announces results for Q4 2012: Sold 29.9 million iPhones, 14 million iPads, earned $36 billion in revenue
- Apple posts strong Q4 earnings