Things are looking pretty good for Apple right now, first it presented awesome results for first quarter earnings for fiscal year 2012 that helped in making it the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer, and now reports are coming that its mobile iOS platform that powers iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch has now become most used mobile platform. Following the tremendous sales of iOS devices last quarter iOS was able to gain 44.9 percent marketshare i.e double from last year’s same quarter.
Apple enjoyed strong sales in US, UK, and Australia during the holidays. This gain of iOS market share came at the expense of Android whose marketshare fell from 50 percent to 44.8 percent. This information was revealed by a research firm Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, according to which Apple is growing faster in the smartphone market than Android.
Many factors played important roles in this gain of Apple, some of them include the introduction of iPhone 4S with Siri and other advanced features, its offering of multiple iPhones simultaneously including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S, and of course the holidays.
- iOS took 53.3 percent smartphone marketshare for the first time in November
- Report: iOS grabbed 68 percent tablet marketshare in the last quarter
- In Q4 2012 Apple sold 1 iPad against 5 PC sales says Canalys
- Apple announces great Q2 2012 results. Sold 35.1 million iPhones, Earned $39.2 billion in revenue
- AT&T activated 3.7 million iPhones last quarter. 73% of total smartphones sold were iPhones