IDC has today released an analysis of Q4 2011 cellphone shipments, according to which Apple is now the third largest cellphone manufacturer of the world with 8.7% share of the total mobile phone shipments worldwide. Remember, this study covers all of cellphones, not just smartphones that makes this news significant for Apple as it only sells a handful of iPhone models and does not even produce feature phones. LG that lost its third position to Apple produces a variety of both smartphones and feature phones.
According to this research by IDC, Nokia was the world’s largest cellphone manufacturer with 26.6% of total mobile phone shipments. Samsung took the second spot with 22.8% of total shipments.
This growth of Apple has resulted after mind blowing sales of iPhone 4S and other iPhone models worldwide. Apple shipped 37 million units in Q4 2011.
On a related note, in case you don’t know; Apple is also the top smartphone manufacturer in the world.
- Apple took 25 percent of the total international smartphone marketshare in 2012
- Apple is now the World’s top smartphone manufacturer
- iPad accounts 88 percent of total global tablet web traffic
- iPhone 4S is now second most popular cameraphone on Flickr, iPhone 4 still tops the overall chart
- iOS took 53.3 percent smartphone marketshare for the first time in November
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet