Highly anticipated shooter game for iOS, Battlefield 3: Aftershock has finally become available in the App Store. The game’s launch was so quite that no one in the blogoshere noticed it until TouchArcade published their article about it, which is strange on EA’s part as it has released the mobile version of such a popular game title so quietly. Die hard Battlefield fans who have enjoyed the previous version ‘Battlefield: Bad Company‘ for iOS and the Battlefield 3 game for consoles were eagerly waiting for the game since it was announced back in 2011. EA released the screenshots of the game in October 2011 but didn’t tell anything about its release.
Don’t get too excited though, this is just a free version that only has the multiplayer mode and a single map with 5 weapons. In this multiplayer only game users can play as a team and enjoy the ‘leading edge graphics’ of the game.
The multiplayer mode isn’t the best EA could provide as it takes a while to find other players and start the game. This free version of Battlefield 3: Aftershock is sponsored by upcoming movie Act of Valor.
We hope to see the full version (if that exists) to hit the App Store soon.
You can download Battlefield 3: Aftershock from the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for free [download link].
Update: This game was pulled by EA without any official statement. It is not available in the App Store now.
- EA temporarily pulls The Simpsons Tapped out from App Store due to server load issues
- Gameloft’s N.O.V.A. 3 game for iOS now available for download
- Payback 2 for iOS to hit the App Store in October. Check out these gameplay screenshots
- Tiny Wings 2.0 will be available as a free update later today
- Tiny Wings HD for iPad starts hitting the App Stores around the world