Folks over at Chinese gadget blog MICGadget got their hands on a purported iPad 3 back shell, that according to their claim is a production piece and came from their ‘most reliable source’. The case when compared with the actual iPad 2 shows tapered edges, that will feel thinner than iPad 2 in user’s hand. Looking at the images, it seems as if iPad 3 is going to be slightly thicker than the iPad 2. MICGadget says that it could be 1-1.5mm thicker depending on the model. More images after the break…
MICGadget’s source says that the new iPad’s camera is also bigger than the previous model, that clearly indicates that it will have better camera at its back (front too?) just like previously reported. Although not visible in the photos, MICGadget also claims that iPad 3 will have a thinner bezel than its predecessor.
Another bit of news revealed to MICGadget by their source is that iPad 3 will come in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models only, killing the possibility of a 128GB model.
- Alleged shell for iPad with lightning port leaks ahead of October 23rd event
- What we think we know about the upcoming iPad 3 [reports and rumors]
- Purported and most likely fake ‘iPhone 5S’ images surface
- Purported iPad 3 parts hint at iPad 2 like design and Retina Display screen
- Apple releases 128GB model of iPad 4th generation, starts from $799
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet