iMore has recently published a piece about Apple introducing a smaller dock connector for iOS devices in iPhone 5. This smaller dock connector will help Apple in saving the space inside the iPhone so that it could add new hardware components for features like 4G, whose radio requires more space and others.
Introducing a smaller dock connector might not sound logical now, as many accessories will become obsolete, or might require a converter in order to connect with the device. But if we see in the long term, this is the most logical step and its the right time for Apple to ditch the old traditional port of iOS devices and add a better solution for ever growing community of iOS users.
- iOS 6 hints at smaller 9-pin connector for future iOS devices
- Next iPhone to sport an 8 pin connector along with iOS 6′s undisclosed Bluetooth link feature
- Newly granted patent confirms smaller port for future iOS devices
- Reuters: iPhone 5 to feature smaller dock and relocated headphone jack
- First alleged photos of new dock connector for iOS devices hit the web
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet