Apple’s patent battle with Motorola doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. In Germany Push email service for iCloud and MobileMe had to be terminated following the orders from a German court. Apple has issued a support document for its customers in Germany saying that push email service will not be provided to Apple users, it also added that Apple will appeal for this decision and considers Motorola’s patent lawsuit invalid.
Apple wrote in the support document:
“Due to recent patent litigation by Motorola Mobility, iCloud and MobileMe users are currently unable to have iCloud and MobileMe email pushed to their iOS devices while located within the borders of Germany.”
How this affects users?
As Apple has detailed in the support document, push email will still work for OS X, contacts and calendar apps. Affected users will still be able to receive iCloud and MobileMe email but new messages will have to be downloaded on devices when Mail.app is opened, or when the device periodically checks for new messages.
- New in iOS 6 beta 3: @iCloud.com email addresses
- Apple acknowledges iCloud’s missing mail problem. Promises solution ASAP
- Today’s Hot Deals: 17th November 2011
- Today’s Hot Deals: Gameloft Special (21st November 2011)
- Sparrow Push Cydia tweak brings push notifications to Sparrow for iOS