In addition to iPad 3, Apple is expected to introduce a new model of iPad 2 according to DigiTimes. This new model will feature 8GB storage capacity and will go on sale alongside iPad 3. This move would be similar to Apple’s iPhone strategy, in which it introduces an 8GB model of the older version and makes it available for users at a lower price. An iPad 2 with 8GB storage capacity will obviously be priced lower than iPad 3 and will help Apple in competing with cheaper Android tablets including the Kindle Fire and upcoming Windows 8 tablets.
Stating the obvious, DigiTimes also reports that Apple will launch iPad 3 in 16GB and 32GB storage capacities. iPad 3 is expected to feature quad-core chip, 9.7-inch Retina Display screen with 2048X1536 resolution, better cameras, and more.
- Report: 7-inch Retina Display iPad to debut in October at around $200 price point
- Apple will continue selling iPad 2 16GB at a lower price
- Report: Production of 7.85-inch iPad mini to start in Q2 2012
- Retina Display equipped iPad 3 tipped for February 2012
- Report: iPad mini production to start in September with supply volume of 4 million units per month