Since Apple has not provided any tool to iPad app developers for testing how there apps will work and look like on the upcoming iPad 3 that is expected to feature Retina Display screen, developer Ryan Petrich developed a handy tool that allows third party app developers to test their current apps at 2048×1536 resolution. His tool is called “Retina Simulator” and is available for free.
developers, start testing your iPad apps in Retina mode: rpetri.ch/db/iPadRetina.…
— Ryan Petrich (@rpetrich) March 2, 2012
Petrich’s tool does nothing more than simulating the app at 2048×1536 resolution, but that is what most developers wanted to check and now they can. If you are a developer and want to see your app running at Retina Display for iPad resolution, then download Retina Simulator tool here.
- Facebook for iOS gets updated to add Retina Display support for iPad and more
- Retina Display size images found in Apple’s new iPad apps
- Adobe’s Photoshop Touch app gets Retina-sized. Brings 12 megapixel editing support and new features
- Evernote and Kindle apps updated to add new features and iPad Retina Display support
- Apple airs new ad to promote ‘stunning’ Retina Display on the new iPad