According to a report by CNET, next iPad might be called iPad HD instead of iPad 3. CNET writes that a developer who has previously provided reliable information regarding unannounced Apple products says that third generation iPad is named iPad HD. Apple might go for this name to market the high resolution Retina Display screen on iPad more effectively, though it seems unlikely to me. VentureBeat also reports the same news saying the name iPad HD could also mean that the new device won’t feature a Quad-Core processor, but instead bring a faster version of Dual Core chip named A5X.
A few days ago Gizmodo posted an article about the name iPad HD in which it revealed alleged part listings from Griffin and Belkin for a device named iPad HD. Apple will unveil its next generation iPad tomorrow, regardless of what it is named, it is going to be awesome.
- Photo of alleged iPad 3 logic board tells A5X could be the name of Apple’s new chip
- What we think we know about the upcoming iPad 3 [reports and rumors]
- More rumors regarding Retina Display iPad 3 surface
- Leaked images reveal next iPad will be LTE capable and powered by a Quad-Core processor
- New iPad gets benchmarked: Has 1GB RAM but same processor speed as iPad 2