Apple has officially announced iPad 3 in an event that took place in Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco today. Physically iPad 3 looks exactly like its predecessor but features much better technical specs and features. The most notable feature introduced in iPad 3 is its high quality Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution. iPad 3 is powered by a Dual-Core A5x processor with Quad-Core powered graphics, and has 1GB of RAM. Another major upgrade Apple has introduced in iPad 3 is in cameras, iPad 3 has a 5-Megapixel rear camera at its back that has an illuminated sensor, 5-element lens, R filter, and ISP built into the A5X chip.
iPad 3 is the first ever Apple device to feature LTE 4G capability. iPad 3 users will be able to enjoy 4G speeds on their favorite LTE networks worldwide. iPad has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps.
Other features of iPad 3 include Voice detection,
iPad 3 is going to be released on 16 March. iPad 3 (WiFi) is available at these prices: 16GB for $499 , 32GB for $599 , and 64GB for $699,
iPad 3 (4G) is available at these prices: 16GB for $629, 32GB for $729, and 64GB for $829,
- Apple sells three million new iPads in less than a week
- Apple to launch the new iPad in China on July 20th
- What we think we know about the upcoming iPad 3 [reports and rumors]
- Photo of alleged iPad 3 logic board tells A5X could be the name of Apple’s new chip
- Apple begins taking pre-orders for iPad mini and refreshed iPad 4th generation