Following the tradition, Apple kicked off the iPad event with some interesting facts about iOS devices. Apple announced that there are over 315 million iOS devices sold since the first iPhone was announced back in 2007. Apple also announced that there are over 585,000 apps available in the App Store, 200,000 of which are iPad apps. Another very interesting bit of information revealed by Apple was that there are already 100 million iCloud users world wide – given it was just launched in October of last year, this number is pretty impressive. Apple says that 76% of its total revenue comes from post-PC devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPods. Last year alone, Apple sold ove 172 million post-PC devices (most of them iOS powered).
- Apple posts great holiday quarter earnings with 67.84M iOS devices and 5.2M Macs sold
- Apple to hold separate events for iPhone and iPad mini?
- iOS 6 hints at smaller 9-pin connector for future iOS devices
- iOS 6 for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch will be released on September 19
- Not all iOS 6 features are supported by all iOS devices. Here’s the official list