Apple has announced at its iPad event that it will continue selling 16GB model of iPad 2 at a lower price. Both Wi-Fi and 3G versions of iPad 2 will be available for purchase in 16GB storage capacity. Apple has announced that it will cut the price of iPad 2 by $100, making the Wi-Fi model $399 and 3G model $529. Apple says that this price drop will allow more users and schools to buy iPads for their students. This move will also enable Apple to combat with cheap Android tablets that are selling at $200 and below.
- Apple to introduce 8GB iPad 2 on March 7?
- Report: 7-inch Retina Display iPad to debut in October at around $200 price point
- Apple releases 128GB model of iPad 4th generation, starts from $799
- Apple to launch the new iPad in China on July 20th
- Apple sells three million new iPads in less than a week