According to a report by KoreaTimes, a Samsung official who wished to be ‘unidentified’ has told them that Apple will release a smaller iPad later this year and will use Samsung’s display on it. Other reports have suggested that this smaller iPad might feature a screen of 7.85-inch size and will have a thinner bezel than its big brother.
We obviously don’t know whether this ‘iPad mini’ project will ever see the light of the day or will end up as just another rumor. Personally i don’t like the idea of a smaller tablet and i think the 9.7-inch size is the perfect size for that kind of device. But what i am interested in is a bigger iPod touch. And all these iPad mini rumors might end up in a new iPod touch with a larger screen than the current model. This new bigger iPod touch will not only do what the current iPod touch does, but will also make watching the movies, and other media files even more fun.
What do you think?
- More rumors regarding iPod nano with WiFi and iPad mini surface
- Apple and LG in talks for 4-inch and 7.35-inch displays for iPhone and iPad
- Apple working on a 5-inch Retina Display device for 2013 release?
- Apple to hold separate events for iPhone and iPad mini?
- Report: Production of 7.85-inch iPad mini to start in Q2 2012