The rumors about the smaller iPad or larger iPod touch won’t stop ever, now a new rumor has surfaced through Japanese site Macotakara (that has provided credible Apple news in the past) that Apple is now working on a 5-inch iOS device. Macotakara quoting a reliable source says that the new device features a Retina Display screen with 1,600×960 or 1,280×960 resolution and will be released sometime next year. The site does not suggests what kind of iOS device it is, but if we see what Apple’s stance on large screen phones is, this could not be an iPhone.
Macotakara writes (Google translation):
Apple seems to have a plan of five-inch Retina display device in 2013. According to Chinese reliable source, Apple LCD seems to be developing supplior of 5-inch Retina display. The 5-inch Retina display product has which is expected to be released in 2013, and resolution of this LCD will be 1,600 x 960 pixel (800 x 480 by legacy majour) or 1,280 x 960 pixel (640 x 480).
Though it is quite unlikely to happen, if Apple releases this new device with such a large screen and resolution, it would be a smaller version of iPad, or a larger version of iPod touch aimed at the gaming market.[Via, img credit: Geek]
- More rumors regarding iPod nano with WiFi and iPad mini surface
- Apple will introduce smaller iPad later this year with Samsung display?
- Purported iPad 3 parts hint at iPad 2 like design and Retina Display screen
- iPod touch 5th generation (2012 model) to feature 4-inch screen, faster processor, and iPad-like back
- Rumor: Apple to announce iPad 3 in March and hold an ‘unusual’ event in February
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet