Sparrow mail client for iOS has received it’s first update in the App Store, that brings many new features and improvements to the app. Version 1.1 of Sparrow brings much needed features such as built-in web browser, send & archive, empty trash, empty spam, dock badge, show/hide labels and folders, it also adds ability for users to add attachements when forwarding email messages. Many bugs have also been fixed in this update to make the app even more stable.
So has this update added Push notification feature to the app or not? Well, the answer is No. But don’t worry as Team Sparrow is already working on the solution. As they have mentioned on their official blog
Thanks to your amazing support, we feel confident that Apple might revise its position on the Push API. We’ll submit a first version of Sparrow 1.2 including it. This might delay Sparrow 1.2 validation but we’re already working with some partners to include Push in future versions of Sparrow without needing Apple clearance.
Push is coming. With or without Apple.
Download Sparrow for iOS
What’s New in Version 1.1
– Built-in web browser
– Send & archive
– Empty trash
– Empty spam
– Dock badge preferences by account
– Show/hide labels and folders
– Choice to include attachments when forwarding messages
– Compatibility with mail servers
– Improved mail servers detection (gApps login error, self-signed certificates)
– Composer wrapping behavior
– Custom SMTP for alias
– Issue with SMTP without password
– Message view behavior with email that do not scroll
– Swipe gesture to add custom account
– Refresh starred / unread using pull to refresh
– Fixed account list scrolling with more than 10 accounts
– Video attachments are shown fullscreen
Send & Archive:
The secret weapon to reach inbox zero is now at your finger tips.
Built-in web browser:
No more back and forth between Safari and Sparrow.
Dock badge counter settings:
Simply select the account you want to hear about.
Show/hide specific labels and folders:
You don’t use all your labels on the go. Just hide the ones you don’t need.
- Sparrow 1.2 hits the App Store with a new landscape mode, new languages, and more
- Sparrow Mail client for iPhone now available in the App Store
- Setting up push on Sparrow for iOS [how to]
- Sparrow Push Cydia tweak brings push notifications to Sparrow for iOS
- Sparrow for iPad announced. Coming soon to an iPad near you