iPhone Dev-Team has announced on their blog that RedSn0w has been updated to add new features. The latest version of RedSn0w can finally implements the corona A5 jailbreak, that will now enable it to successfully jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1. This new version of RedSn0w is also capable of re-installing the jailbreak for users who accidentally unistalled the untethered jailbreak from their devices. Another feature added to RedSn0w in this update allows it to grab SSH blobs directly from Cydia. The full update and RedSn0w download links from Dev-Team’s official blog can be found after the break.
Update #2: Version 0.9.10b7 of redsn0w adds a collection of useful features: It finally implements the corona-A5 jailbreak for iPhone4S and iPad2 devices still at 5.0.1. It can also re-install that jailbreak for those who accidentally uninstalled the untether. When stitching an IPSW, it can now grab your blobs directly from Cydia. It now shows a lot more info about your device (for instance, whether your iPhone3G has the vulnerable baseband boot loader, or whether your iPhone3GS has the old exploitable bootrom. (And the next new feature to be added will be built-in restore support, to provide an alternative to iTunes restores.)
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.10b7 from the links below
Note for Windows users: Run RedSn0w in admin mode to avoid any errors.
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w with ability to backup unlock activation records
- RedSn0w 0.9.9b3 now available to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 GM
- Jailbreakers! Stay away from iOS 6 update until further notice
- Corona 5.0.1 Untether jailbreak updated to fix iBooks error
- iPhone Dev-Team Releases a Major Update for RedSn0w to Add New Features and Improvements