iOS hacker @Pod2g has announced on his Twitter account that he has successfully untethered jailbreaked iOS 5.1 on his iPhone 4. He has been working on this jailbreak from a few weeks and it seems that he has finally achieved a breakthrough. No ETA about the public release of iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak has been given yet, but we expect it will be released for public very soon.
Heya! My iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 is now untethered
— pod2g (@pod2g) May 3, 2012
Currently a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is available that requires users to connect their device with RedSn0w on every reboot. The jailbreak for the new iPad is still not released and we don’t know when it will become available for everyone to download. We will let you know as soon as we hear more about untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1. Stay tuned.
- Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0 gets demonstrated in a video
- Hackers make progress in iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, still far from releasing it for public
- pod2g demos untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S (video)
- pod2g founds new exploits for iOS 5.1 jailbreak. Release imminent?
- Code done for iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak. Release imminent