The wait is over folks. @pod2g and others after working hard for months have finally released Absinthe 2.0 tool that is capable of untethered jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 on every iOS 5 supported device. This is the first time any jailbreak has been released for the new iPad, so this release is extremely special. Supported devices include iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPad 2, the new iPad (iPad 3), Apple TV 2, iPod touch 3rd and 4th Generation. The jailbreak is untethered so you don’t have to connect your device to a PC to boot it after every reboot.
At HITB 2012, jailbreakers revealed that the exploit used in this jailbreak was in VPN settings of iOS.
You will be required to run the latest version of iOS i.e iOS 5.1.1 in order to use Absinthe for jailbreaking your device. You can download Absinthe 2.0 from the links below, and iOS 5.1.1 here.
Absinthe2.0 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Absinthe2.0 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Absinthe2.0 Linux (x86/x86_64)
We will be posting how to guides to help you in jailbreaking your iOS devices in a short while. Stay tuned for more updates.
- How to untethered jailbreak original iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe
- Evad3rs announce evasi0n tool to untethered jailbreak iOS 6.x, will be released on Sunday
- Jailbreakers! Stay away from iOS 6 update until further notice
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 running on iPod touch 3rd or 4th Generation using Absinthe 2.0
- Corona 5.0.1 Untether jailbreak updated to fix iBooks error