The untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 has been released and it is capable of jailbreaking iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and iPhone 3GS. All iPhone models that are capable of running iOS 5.1.1 can be jailbroken by using Absinthe 2.0 tool. Here in this post i have written a step by step guide on how you can successfully untethered jailbreak your iPhone on a Mac or Windows. Follow the instructions and download all the files listed after the break.
Things You need to download:
iOS 5.1.1 version for your device – if you are not running iOS 5.1.1 already
Absinthe2.0 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
Absinthe2.0 Windows (XP/Vista/Win7)
Absinthe2.0 Linux (x86/x86_64)
Before following the steps below, make sure your device is running iOS 5.1.1. If it is not running iOS 5.1.1 then download the software from the links above and update it using iTunes. After that follow the steps below.
1 ) Download and Run Absinthe 2.0 from the links above.
2 ) Connect your iPhone to your computer. Make sure it is turned on.
3 ) Click on the ‘Jailbreak’ button and wait for the process to be completed. It might take a few settings to complete so wait patiently.
4 ) When the process is complete, you will see a message on your screen that says your device is now jailbroken. Unplug your device and check if Cydia is installed on it or not.
5 ) If you see the Cydia icon on your screen, your iPhone is jailbroken and ready to use.
6 ) Enjoy!
- How to untethered jailbreak original iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 running on iPod touch 3rd or 4th Generation using Absinthe 2.0
- Absinthe 2.0 tool to untethered jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on every iOS device now available for download
- How to jailbreak iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1 on Windows and Mac [Guide]
- How to jailbreak iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS running iOS 6.1 using evasi0n (untethered)