Facebook is going to launch a new App Center for mobile devices. The service is expected to launch at an event the company is planning to hold in San Francisco. But it seems that Facebook’s App Center has already started to show up in it’s official app for iOS, as a TechCrunch reader spotted App Center in ‘Apps’ section of the Facebook app. The image looks legit and shows how users will be able to access the App Center when it is released for iOS. More details and shots after the break.
The whole App Center experience on iOS as it seems will be based inside the official Facebook app. It is unclear whether Facebook will release a separate App Center app for iOS in the future or keep it this way. Facebook’s app is already feature packed, and another heavy feature like App Center will make it even more crowded.
Here are two more screenshots featuring Facebook App Center for iOS.
- Facebook App Center launches. Offers access to 600 apps initially
- Facebook Camera app for iPhone goes live in the App Store
- Facebook’s new Find Friends Nearby feature now available in official iOS app [Update: Pulled]
- Video calling feature in Facebook app for iOS revealed
- Facebook for iOS updated to version 5.1, adds new features and improvements