Tim Cook has announced during his WWDC 2012 keynote that there are over 400 million accounts on App Store, all with credit card connected and ready to make purchases. He also officially announced that there are over 650,000 apps available in the App Store, 225,000 of the specifically designed for the iPad. Tim Cook announced that users have downloaded apps over 30 billion times from the App Store over the coarse of 4 years.
Another interesting bit of information revealed by Tim Cook is that Apple has paid over 5 billion dollars to third party developers who are selling their applications on the App Store. Apple is going to bring App Store to 32 new countries this year, that will make the total number of supported countries to 155. [img: Engadget]
- There are 250 Million active iOS devices in the world and 500K apps in the App Store
- App Store gets 500,000 apps and a billion downloads per month
- Apple: There are 315 million iOS devices sold, 580,000 apps in the App Store, and 100 million iCloud users
- App Store achieves 25 billion app downloads milestone
- Apple: App Store has served a total of 40 billion downloads until today
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet