Apple’s iOS Chief Scott Forstall is on stage and he is sharing some intersting faccts about iOS. According to Forstall about 80 percent of iOS users are currently using iOS 5, which is the latest version of iOS as of now. Apple has sold over 365 million iOS devices up till now.
Here are more stats shared by Scott Forstall on stage at WWDC 2012:
- 84 of top 100 social apps are pushing notifications. Apple has send over 1.5 trillion push notifications to iOS devices.
- There are over 140 million iMessage users who have send 150 billion messages to other iOS users. iMessage users are now sending more than a billion messages each day.
- Twitter has seen a 3x growth increase in iOS users since then. 10 billion tweets from iOS 5 and 47 percent of all photos on Twitter come from iOS 5.
- GameCenter: 130 million accounts, 5 billion scores and 67 of the top 100 games have some level of integration. “All of this results in some very, very satisfied customers.”
- The numbers are out! 5 million iPhone 5, 3 million iPod units sold. 200 million users upgraded to iOS 6
- Apple announces Siri for iPad along with new features in iOS 6
- Apple: App Store has 400 million accounts and 650,000 apps which have been downloaded 30 billion times
- Apple announces great Q2 2012 results. Sold 35.1 million iPhones, Earned $39.2 billion in revenue