Ever since Apple has announced iOS 6, there has been confusion among users about what features will be supported by their device and what are the one’s they are going to miss. To address this issue and clear out the confusion among the users Apple has added a list in which it has specified which features are limited to certain devices. Here is the list added by Apple on it’s iOS 6 Preview page.
Features are subject to change. Not all features are available on all devices.
- Some features may not be available in all countries or all areas. Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation will be available only on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 or later. Cellular data charges may apply.
- Siri will be available only on iPhone 4S and iPad (3rd generation) and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
- Shared Photo Streams requires iOS 6 on iPhone 4 or later or iPad 2 or later, or a Mac computer with OS X Mountain Lion. An up-to-date browser is required for accessing shared photo streams on the web.
- FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4S or iPad (3rd generation) with cellular data capability. Carrier data charges may apply. FaceTime is not available in all countries.
- VIP list and VIP and Flagged smart mailboxes will be available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.
- Offline Reading List will be available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.
- Made for iPhone hearing aids require iPhone 4S.
- Find My Friends and Find My iPhone enable you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan. Not available in all areas.
- iOS 6 update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch now available for everyone. Download Now!
- iOS 6 to allow FaceTime calls over cellular networks
- iOS 6 beta now available for developers
- Apple releases iOS 6 beta 3 to developers. Now available for download
- Hackers make progress in iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, still far from releasing it for public
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet