Every once in a while a Cydia tweak arrives and makes us wonder why this feature is not natively found in iOS. A new Cydia tweak called Clockify adds a nice animated live clock icon to iOS’s home screen. This new icon works similarly to iOS’s Calendar.app’s icon that displays the current date and displays time in real time. The tweak not only makes the clock icon active, but also adds a widget in the Notification Center that shows an analog version of the clock. Clockify also adds an analog version of the clock along with the digital clock on the lock screen.
Clockify also features a black theme for the clock icon. Another cool feature of Clockify tweak is ‘Alternative’ that changes the clock icon to black in the night time and turns it back to the default color when it’s day time. Users can customize the settings for Clockify tweak from settings.app.
Unfortunately Clockify only supports iPhone and iPod touch. The developer of this tweak has promised iPad support in iOS 6.
Clockify is available in Cydia under the BigBoss repo for $1.
You can watch Clockify tweak in action in the video below.
- Add a timer to Camera.app with CamTime tweak for jailbroken iOS devices
- 30 Must have Cydia tweaks of 2012 for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch [The ultimate list]
- StatusBulletin tweak replaces iOS’s banners with minimalistic status bar notifications
- Add a weather widget to iPhone’s lock screen with Forecast tweak from Cydia
- DirectionBar tweak adds an interactive compass in iPhone’s status bar