Apple has added a new widget featuring two social buttons in iOS 6′s notification center that allow users to post tweet or share a Facebook status by simply tapping on a button. The widget is exclusive to iOS 6, and iOS 6 is exclusive to registered Apple developers only at this moment. So what if someone who is not running iOS 6 want to have this social widget on his or her notification center? Well there is a tweak for that. iOS 6 Twitter Widget for Notification Center is a tweak available in Cydia that allows users to add a tweet button to their notification center.
When the button is tapped the tweet compose screen appears, and users can add their tweet and post it on social networking site without doing much effort. This is a nice shortcut that i am sure many Twitter user would want. Unfortunately unlike iOS 6 this tweak only adds tweet button to the notification center because Facebook is not integrated with iOS 5 the way it is with iOS 6. To get the Facebook shortcut in the notification center users will have to wait a few months for the release of iOS 6.
Once installed go to the settings.app > Notifications and enable the Twitter Widget.
iOS 6 Twitter widget for Notification Center is available for free in Cydia under the BigBoss repo.
- Kamera tweak for Notification Center adds a quick shot widget for Camera app
- DoNotDisturb tweak brings OS X’s upcoming feature to iOS
- Enabling notification center widgets on your jailbroken iOS 5 device [How to]
- Add app icons to your Notification Center with AppsCenter widget from Cydia
- Easily change the Notification Center background with a Cydia tweak