A new tweak for jailbroken iOS devices has become available in Cydia called VoiceSearch. This new tweak adds a voice search shortcut to iOS that can be accessed from anywhere with an activator action. VoiceSearch tweak works similarly to Google’s own voice search that is found in Google Search app for iOS. This tweak makes it easier for users to instantly search on Google by speaking the words. VoiceSearch tweak is pretty useful for those who don’t have Siri on their iOS device, including users of iPhone 4, iPad 2, and iPod touch 4th generation.
When a user speaks the search query to the pop up menu that appears after performing an activator action, the tweak detects the words by sending them to Google’s servers and returns the relevant search page in mobile Safari.
To make sure VoiceSearch tweak works on your device, install activator app from Cydia and after that, assign an action to VoiceSearch by going into Settings > Activator on your device.
VoiceSearch tweak is available in Cydia for jailbroken iOS devices for free. You can download it from the bigboss repository.
- NowNow tweak replaces Siri with Google Voice Search [How to]
- How to use your favorite music as alarm tone on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch [jailbreak tip]
- Clockify tweak adds live clock icon to your home screen [jailbreak only]
- Safari Omnibar tweak brings Chrome-like Omnibar and Find on Page to Safari
- Popular ‘Unfold’ concept for iOS lock screen now a reality [Cydia tweak]
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet