In a recent report Bloomberg writes that according to people with knowledge on this matter, the new Apple iPad with 7-inches to 8-inches screen will be released in the month of October. Interestingly this new model of iPad, that will feature a smaller screen will carry a screen resolution of 1024×768 just like iPad 2. The new device won’t feature Apple’s Retina Display found on the new third generation iPad, not in it’s first iteration. The new iPad mini, as it is dubbed will be priced at around $199 to $299. This new device will be a competitor’s nightmare according to analyst Wu, who clearly thinks that ball is in Apple’s court.
Though the rumors of iPad mini have been around since it was first launched back in 2010, it is becoming more and more crucial for Apple to introduce such device as Google has already unleashed a 7-inch Android powered tablet called the Nexus 7, with powerful specs and affordable price of $199.
- Report: 7-inch Retina Display iPad to debut in October at around $200 price point
- NYTimes: Apple is developing a 7.85-inch iPad to sell for significantly less than the $499 iPad
- Apple iPad mini to go into mass production in September says WSJ
- iPad Mini drawings reveal design details: 7-inch screen, thin design, and 19 pin connector confirmed
- Apple to release iPhone 5S in August while iPad 5 will be released in April – reports