WSJ reports that it has been informed by Apple’s component suppliers in China that they are preparing for the mass production of smaller version of iPad with a screen that will be less than 8-inches in diagonal size. According to WSJ the sources that declined to be named say that the work on the production of this new tablet will begin in September. Yesterday Bloomberg also reported that it has confirmed about the existence of a smaller iPad that will be released to public in October. Apple is also expected to release the new version of iPhone in October.
Apple Inc.’s AAPL +1.16% component suppliers in Asia are preparing for mass production in September of a tablet computer with a smaller screen than the iPad, people familiar with the situation said, suggesting a launch for the device is near.
The release of a 7-inch tablet that is expected to be priced between $199 and $299 will be a major event and significant for the future of tablet computing as currently iPad holds majority of the tablet marketshare and other major players including Samsung, Amazon, and Google have already released their versions of 7-inch tablets including the recently announced Android powered Nexus 7 tablet.
- NYTimes: Apple is developing a 7.85-inch iPad to sell for significantly less than the $499 iPad
- iPad mini Could Outshine the Current iPad With Its Design. Apple Readies 10 Million iPad mini Units for the 4th Quarter
- WSJ: Apple is testing 8-inch iPad with suppliers
- Apple has begun the production of iPad mini – Report. Release imminent?
- iPad Mini drawings reveal design details: 7-inch screen, thin design, and 19 pin connector confirmed
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet