Rovio’s new project Amazing Alex will be available for download in the App Store on July 12th. On it’s official Twitter account Amazing Alex’s team has revealed the launch date and a link to the launch trailer. From the trailer it seems just like Angry Birds, Physics is an integral part of Amazing Alex’s gameplay, though it the game looks different from Angry Birds in many ways. It features physics-based Rube Goldbergian setup like puzzles that users have to solve in order to proceed in the game.
— Amazing Alex (@amazingalex) July 10, 2012
The launch trailer reveals that there will be 100 levels in the game initially, and Rovio will continue giving free updates to users to add new features and levels to the game. Users will also be able to create their own levels and share them with others.
July 12th is going to be one hell of a day for iOS gamers, as Tiny Wings 2 is also scheduled to hit the App Store on the same day as Amazing Alex. As usual we will let you know as soon as both these games are available for download.
Update: Amazing Alex game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad is now available for download here.
[Tonistechblog via TheVerge]
- Games to play this weekend: Amazing Alex and Tiny Wings [July 14th]
- Gameloft releases trailer for the Amazing Spider-Man iOS game [Video]
- Tiny Wings 2 to become available on July 12th
- Rovio Bad Piggies for iPhone, iPad, and Mac now available in the App Store
- Rovio sells 10 million copies of Angry Birds Space in less than 3 days