Here’s a quick note for those of you who play EA’s Rock Band titles on iOS devices. EA has announced that it will be pulling all Rock Band titles from the App Store after July 31. The games that will not be available after July 31 in the App Store include Rock Band and Rock Band Reloaded. The company is pulling these two games due to the ending of it’s license with Harmonix.
EA’s licensing agreement with Harmonix is ending and as a result, EA is discontinuing downloads of Rock Band iOS and Rock Band Reloaded iOS on the App Store after July 31.
If you own a Rock Band game on your iOS device, you can play it, but you cannot purchase new songs after July 31, 2012. You can access your previously purchased songs.
Though EA is pulling the game and it will not be available for download after July 31, users who have downloaded the game before the end of July will be able to play it if they have a copy of the game available on their computers, but they will not be able to purchase new songs after July 31, 2012.
EA has published a Q and A for users of Rock Band game for iOS. You can read that by hitting the source link below.
- Rovio’s Amazing Alex will hit the App Store on July 12th [Launch trailer]
- Gameloft releases trailer for the Amazing Spider-Man iOS game [Video]
- Gameloft’s Asphalt 7 heat updated to version 1.0.7, adds new cars and events
- EA temporarily pulls The Simpsons Tapped out from App Store due to server load issues
- Tiny Wings 2 to become available on July 12th
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet