Facebook is now rolling out a new feature for it’s official iOS apps that will allow users to save stories from their timeline for later reading. This new feature is called Save for later. Users can tap and hold on any story that is appearing on their timeline and the app will automatically save them in ‘Saved’ tab under favorites section. To access these saved stories users can simply tap on the saved button found in Facebook apps’s sidepane.
To access your Saved folder, you must first scroll to the bottom of the sidebar menu and tap on Edit Favorites. Next, tap the + sign and select Saved from your list of Apps. Then tap Done. Now, you should see your Saved folder in the Favorites section of your sidebar menu!
The save for later feature is private, so your Facebook friends won’t be able to know what you have saved for later in your Facebook app. Along with it’s iOS app Facebook is also rolling out this feature on it’s desktop app, making the save for later feature accessible on both PCs and iOS devices.
Save for later is not available for all users right now, as it seems like Facebook is launching this new feature in the US initially. You don’t need to download any update to get this new feature, as Facebook has activated it from the back end. [iMore]
- Facebook for iOS updated to version 5.1, adds new features and improvements
- How to get Facebook Timeline feature on iPhone or iPad right now
- Facebook app for iPhone and iPad updated to bring Chat Heads, Stickers and new interface
- Facebook’s App Center for iOS spotted in official iPhone app
- Facebook Messenger for iOS updated to add timeline, emoji support, and last active feature
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet